Friday, November 13, 2009

Confession

When I started this blog 2 weeks ago, the hardest part was thinking up a clever title. Most of the ones I wanted were taken. And the rest just were not what I was trying to portray.

The first post I wrote was an exerpt from a real conversation I had recently. Thanks to the addictive world of Facebook, I was able to reconnect with my High School Art teacher after nearly 20 years. Facebook, it's like crack. But more on that later.

I credit Art (the teacher, and the art) him with bringing me out of my shell during those fragile years. Even then, I realized that I would always fight with the Angel on my right, and the devil on my left.

During our conversation, I asked him a bunch of questions. What did he remember about me? What was it that made him remember me after all these years? And he was nice enough to give me a list. You know what, his list nailed me. He was dead on acurate.

Babe always says that I'm not the bad guy I think I am. I'm a guy who gives off a bit of a stuck up attitude. But those who really know me will say that I am not like that, at all. Art said the same thing. And that was about me 20 years ago.

He remembered me as a nice guy who showed respect to my fellow classmates even though I said whatever the hell I wanted no matter the outcome. One time, I even made a girl in our class cry. I didn't know until Art told me, and offered me up to give her a ride home. I honestly felt bad about it. Well, mabey just a little bad.

Deep down inside, I know I'm a nice guy. I help out my friends in need. I go out of my way to do nice things for my family. Although I do like to say things just to stir up trouble. But in the end, I think it makes me a well rounded person.

I hope you agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment