Thursday, November 12, 2009

I am a Bad Guy

I've been sick. It's that time of the year. Just your average run of the mill upper respiratory infection, thank God. No Pig Flu!

So when your sick, you go to the pharmacy to get your drugs. Lately, the lines at the DMV are shorter and run smoother that the ones at Walgreen's.

It's taking forever, and I am obviously not in the condition, or the mood to be standing in line like this. I'm not a happy camper.

As I'm standing there, making my displeasure known to everyone around me, I notice a little kid looking at me. He must have been around 4 or 5 years old. He was hanging on his dad's leg, and looking at me with a bit of fear in his eyes.

Now I have been know to give kids "the look". A look that says, get away from me kid. Usually this happens when they are standing on the booth and looking over at us while we are eating, or the kid peering between the seats on the airplane. You know the one. Don't kid yourself, you've done it too. I'm just the one who admits to doing it.

So I was obviously in a bad mood, and I might have given him "the look".

He grips on to his daddy's leg even tighter, and starts poking him.

"Daddy, Daddy.......Daaaady!"
"What Michael"?

Michael turns and looks, then holds up his little hand and points to me.

"Daddy, is that a bad guy?"

His daddy didn't know what to say, and I think was a little embarassed. But he shouldn't have been. He told Michael no, that I wasn't a bad guy.

But how does daddy know, for sure.

But I wanted Michael to know for sure. So I looked down at him, nodded my head, and whisper "Yes I am".

No comments:

Post a Comment