Thursday, November 26, 2009

I lied

Yes, I told a fib. Well, not a fib, more like a mistruth. Or as Rodger Clemens would say, I "misremembered". Whatever you want to call it, tomorrow I will be shopping.

I did go out Wednesday night and buy everything I needed. Well, just about everything. I forgot that I need to buy a car. I have nothing to drive. No vehicle to get me around. No way to get to work on Monday. So tomorrow, I'm going to get up early and go out car shopping.

Normally this would be a fun thing to do. However I am not excited about it at all. The traffic is going to suck, and who knows what kind of deal I am going to find. But the big bummer is that I am going to end up buying a car. Just a regular car. Nothing flashy nor stylish. Just an average everyday car that gets good gas mileage and has a great resale value.

At least I am fortunate to be in this position. So today I am thankful for that. But this is a big hit to my ego. It's a hard pill to swallow. Reality has strange ways of punching you in the gut, and damn mine hurts.

Wish me luck out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment