Monday, November 23, 2009

I got a flat tire. So why does my ass hurt?

The tire has been slowly leaking air. Not that bad, but ever so slightly. Not a big concern. I'll just take it over to Discount Tire and have it fixed.

So that was my plan. Discount is normally awesome. They get you in, fix your tire for free, and send you on your way. But not this time. This time it is costing me $264.00!

What the hell? That is about $264.00 more than I thought it would be. I'll tell you how.

1. New Tire: $189.00 (This is a deal according to the sales guy)
2. Installation Fee: $15.00
3. Tire Disposal Fee $30.00
4. Environmental Fee: $2.00
5. Tire Pressure Fee: $9.75
6. Rebalance Fee: $10.00
Add on taxes, insurance, market value adjustment, pre Black Friday, DNA test, and credit score, we reach the $264.00...after he gives me a 15% discount.

It must be a sign of the times, the economy, or just because they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment