Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Facebook is the new Crack

There are two groups of fans that use Facebook. Those who are completely addicted to it and refuse to admit they have a problem. The second group are the ones who realized they had a problem by either their own self conviction or intervention, and quit.

Facebook is addictive on a dangerous level. People use it at work, download the app on their phone, and are constantly updating it every time they take a shit. I really don't need to know how regular you are, nor do I care.

Then they move on to the imaginary farm, or second life as a gangster in the mob, or their constantly never ending game of Scrabble or Bejewled. Then inbetween moves, they have to update their status and complain about the new Facebook.

When the game is in hiatus, they move on to adding friends. I call these people Friend Whores. They have a need for constant attention and hundreds of friends on their list. I'm willing to bet your imaginary farm, that you couldn't tell me something about half of the people on that list, aside from that last time they took a shit.

I admit to having a Facebook account. But I usually use it to make fun of people, or things I find amusing. I don't play any games, I don't allow many people to be my friend. And most of the things I post about me are fake, and usually center around a single topic.

But what I like to do most is ignore and remove people from my friend list. I get a sick enjoyment out of those who can't understand why I don't want to be their friend. Some notice it right away. Others take a while. And some just don't get it. They keep sending friend requests over and over again. Poor things.

Those of you that have sold the imaginary farm and moved on to greener pastures. Congratulations. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment