Saturday, November 7, 2009

I like being The Man

I like being the man. You might have noticed that trend with my posts. I don’t like being on time, and I really don’t like working for other people. To be completely honest, I just don’t like being told what to do. Until 4 years ago, I have never had boss. In fact, I didn’t even have to punch a clock. And I liked it that way.

You know what, I really don’t want to do it anymore.

Every so often, I get to take my kids to school. The line into the school sucks. It takes 15 minutes just to make it up to the drop off area. And as I sit there, waiting in line, I find myself being envious of the parents walking their children to school.

I want to be one of those parents. I want to walk my kids to school in the morning. I want to get up early, put on a pot of coffee, and read the paper. I want to come home and open a window from my picturesque office, and work away on my latest book, or at least my blog.

For the past year, I have been working towards that ideal lifestyle. At first, I thought it was for the money. But I know in my heart, the real reason is because I just want to work from home.

How do they do it on tv? Have you ever noticed how much spare time they have? It seems like they never go to work. Now I’m not complaining about my life. I’m not looking for that perfectly fake existence. I just want that option to do what I want to do, when I want to do it.

Is that so bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment