Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A new blog, again

It was a class I took in college that made me realize how much I enjoyed writing. The funny thing was, I never wrote anything unless it was required. I just did whatever it took to get by, which was really easy for me. Flash forward a decade or two, I find myself attempting to write on a regular basis. Now I realize why I never did it before, because it’s hard.

The invention of blogging has opened up an entire new world for would be writers. Now anyone with something to say, can type it out for the entire world to see. As I mentioned in my first post, I have done this before. In fact, this is my fourth attempt at creating a blog. My first one got old. My second one started out with bad intentions, and fizzled out. The third is in it’s infancy, and hopefully going to last.

Why did the others fail? I don’t know for sure. I think it was because each one started off with a plan, that ultimately changed. Each one eventually became a calm, and muted form of its once powerful self. As they morphed into their final shape, they had deviated so far from their original plan that I just didn’t enjoy them anymore. The fear of offending someone, or using inappropriate language ultimately stunted the growth. I’m a strong supporter of the 1st Amendment, and I want to be able to express my thoughts and opinions without any reservations.

So what do I hope to get out of this blog? Peace? Enjoyment? A sense of accomplishment? I’m not exactly sure. However, I hope I keep with it, and make this the blog I want it to be. I want this blog to be something I would have been proud of all those years ago in college.

That is my statement, I am sticking to it…this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment